- Candle Burning Instructions -
· Your first burn time on your candle is important. Burn the candle until the wax pool reaches edge-to-edge, approximately 3 – 7 hours, then extinguish.
· To prevent smoking, KEEP YOUR WICK TRIMMED to ¼ of an inch at all times, never let the flame get higher than ½”. Monitor your flame/wick while the candle is burning.
· Keep the wick straight and centered. This will ensure a nice even burn throughout the lifetime of your candle.
· Do not leave a burning candle unattended. Pillar, or free standing candles, should be burned only until the wax pool reaches about 1/4” from the edge of the candle. Use the 1 1/2 – 2 hours per inch rule. At that point, put the candle out and let the wax harden, and start all over again.
· If your wick “mushrooms” the wick was probably too long as it was burning. Just extinguish it, trim it to ¼” and relight it.
· Rotate your candle every so often. Keep out of drafts.
· Remove any external trimmings or decorations before burning your candle.
· To extinguish your candle use a wick dipper. This is the smokeless way to put out a candle.
· Keep candles out of reach of children and pets. Keep a free standing pillar candle on a pan.
· To prevent fading, keep your artistic candle out of direct sunlight.